Sunday, September 27, 2015

Online Reputation

To:
Natalie Lovell
From:
Dustin Call
Date:
9-30-2015
Re:
Online Reputation


Natalie Lovell 

What do you see when you Google your name? It can be interesting what information is associated with your name... I have already done this in previous blog posts on someone else. Check back in my February post Named Reputation (Sully). You can see that I found information on Dane through Facebook, Instagram, and Vine.  
Lets just say I am at it again…  The lucky person that I was given this time is Natalie Lovell.

FACEBOOK     https://www.facebook.com/natalie.kay.lovell?fref=ts
         I started with Facebook, first off we where not friends and I could only see her updated cover photos.  I went to the ‘About Her” section and she has either not updated anything or she has everything very secure to the outside world. She is in a group called ‘Murray Friends’ so I take it she is from Murray or somewhere close. With all the country music likes I can tell she is into that… Something we definitely don’t have in common. She likes a good chick flick such as ‘She’s The Man’.  Something we do have in common is the liking of the show the ‘Golden Girls’. I know that might be a little embarrassing to admit but I think it’s so funny with all the crude humor.  From the pictures I could see it looks like she has great parents and an older brother and a sister. There was a little girl sitting on your dads lap so she is either your parents surprise child like I was or she is one of your siblings child… or yours. Not wanting to jump to conclusions I will let your clear that up with me if you would like. 

Friend request accepted 
         Nothing had changed too much besides more pictures where available to friends. So lets see what I found! 
-For a group date you where G.I. Joes and G.I. Janes.
- For prom you either planned the black and white attire or your whole group decided to match! 
-Your hair was shoulder length in some of the photos I seen. 
- Megan Niebergall is one of your really close friends and she lives in Logan also (so maybe you both came up here to school)
         
TWITTER  
Twitter is very new to you, looks like you signed up January 15, 2015. The reason you signed up was because of a usujcom2010 class. To me it looks likes you only tweeted about things that where relevant to your class.  You are following a whole 4 people that keep your news feed I’m sure short and very sweet… (I am not a huge fan of twitter and don’t use it that much, so no judgment)

INSTAGRAM
         From what I could see was you had an updated picture with your little sister or… your child. You had no posts unless you have to be your friend to see the ones you do have. You followed 37 people and 38 where following you.  Dang that’s it- I was hoping to look at all your pictures and hash tags

LINKEDIN   https://www.linkedin.com/in/natalielovell
         This was my most beneficial platform that I gathered most of my information from. Surprising to me because I thought Insta would have been my best tool. 
         Education Background
·      Murray High- so I was correct with you being from Murray 
·      Snow College- You attended right after high school. I attended Snow also and loved it. Small campus and town, but such an awesome peer group that can be created down there. 
·      SUU – I have family in St. George, I love it down there with all the warm weather. You went on many hikes with friends I seen on Facebook and this must have been when. 
·      USU- currently attending and looks like this is your last semester. You are going to do very well in public relations with all of the Internships and group leaderships you have accomplished. 
We have one common connection and that is Gregory Kirkham. 

I hope you found out some of the interesting things that can be seen by just stocking you online. We where not friends on any platforms before this activity although I did add you after I looked through each one, so I’m sure you knew who got your name! It was fun to see the things that we had in common like attending Snow College and watching the Golden Girls. I really don’t think that little girl is your child (just to clarify). I think you are a very driven individual who has a desire to succeed in every aspect of education. 

Your Stalker Sincerely, 

Dustin Call

6 comments:

  1. This is awesome! You really found your information and I love that. With my person I could not find very much information at all and so I think it is great that you dove into all of her social media. I also like the small introduction that you added at the beginning, I think it does a great job setting up the assignment without saying "this is an assignment and we had to............." Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Formatting & Appearance: First of all, your font is very very hard to read. It is as if it is all in bold. Additionally, your font changes for a line halfway through the post. Second, your formatting is inconsistent: indentations for everything but the last paragraph. Indentations are more appropriate for a personal letter, but as this format is a memo, specifically a memo on a blog, it makes it a bit harder to read.

    I do like that you added a bit of personal voice and brevity to your post, saying, "Your Stalker Sincerely" because I believe a bit of comedy is useful in professional life. It provides a little relief from the proverbial grindstone.

    -Trevor Irish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dustin, I really enjoyed reading your post because I felt as though I was speaking with you directly. I also like they way you organized everything. The way you grouped the information made it easy for me to follow and understand. If I ever needed to refer back to your post for something specific I would know exactly where to look. I also liked how you shared the info. you found on Facebook before the friend request and then after as well. With all this in mind, I would have like to see some pictures to spice things up. Over all great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dustin, I like the topics you chose to use for your stalking blog about Natalie. Your font is extremely hard to read and made for a painful experience. The block format you chose also made the paper confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dustin-
    I enjoyed reading your online reputation post on Natalie. I thought it was thoroughly researched and the way you presented the material was very personal. I was split on the formatting of the paper and having the headline of every media at the beginning of every paragraph. They were helpful but at the same time it did not make the article flow. Overall, your article was grrrrrrreat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Dustin, nice job on stalking me! You were very correct in your assumptions and writing. The format was also very well done. It is obvious that you thoroughly researched all that you could and looked in a myriad of places - although only a couple proved to be successful in helping you find out more about your topic. You were very clear and concise in your description and analysis.

    ReplyDelete